- Sanskrit, Affectionate and reverent term for "Mother".
- Used in present context to refer to revered nuns of Sri Sarada Math, particularly those in leadership.
- Sanskrit, monastery
- Sanskrit, "One who has left
the way of the world.".
- As a title of respect, Pravrajika is used as the feminine equivalent to Swami, in the Ramakrishna-Vedanta tradition. As descriptive definition, it is a more accurate term for one who has taken up a life of inner spiritual dedication through outward renunciation.
- sannyasin, sannyasini
- Sanskrit, masculine and feminine forms of the term.
- One who has taken final vows of renunciation and is dedicated to spiritual life and the quest for God or Absolute Reality.
- A monastic, a swami or pravrajika.
Copyright © 1996-2012 by Sri Sarada Society